
I managed to make a couple of different kinds of cookies this week. I made a batch of Raspberry-Walnut Rugelach I had seen in Woman's Day. It's made with refrigerated pie crust which made for an easy and fast cookie. You spread whipped cream cheese over the crust and then crumble over the top a mixture of sugar, finely chopped walnuts or pecans, cinnamon and raspberry jam. The pizza cutter was a great help in cutting the wedges. I also had another helper with me....Olivia! She supervised and was keeper of the walnuts.
Here's the final product. A plate full of Rugelach for Santa!
My next batch was Dark Chocolate-Dipped Macaroons. The recipe was in the same issue of WD that the Rugelach was in(12/2/08) The picture was taken before I dipped the bottoms in the bittersweet chocolate so just visualize that part. They turned out pretty good. I found out that my son-in-law, Chris, loves macaroons. My other son-in-law, Dan, doesn't like coconut so I won't make these when he visits but I'll be sure to make him something yummy!
A Tour of The Biggest Organization Transformations in Our Home!
-
My biggest and best closet and organization transformations over the past
nine years!
I shared our nine year before and after home tour recently, and I w...
2 days ago

2 comments:
Wow, Mom, Rugelach! And I don't care what Dan does or doesn't like... feel free to make macaroons, I like them lots.
OMG! This post made me want the holidays to be here NOW! The creamcheese tart thing looked cute as well as the keeper of walnuts LOL ~aonbelay
Post a Comment