Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On My Mind

I seem to be hard up for blog post ideas. 
My camera is out of commission and I really like to add some kind of picture when I post.
So today I'm grabbing an idea Colleen(daughter #1) has used a few times.
ON MY MIND....

Outside my window...dusk has arrived with the last view of Mt. Beacon for today.  Today it was visible because the humidity wasn't as high.  The trees looked green instead of  gray/misty.

I'm thinking...that tonight I just might get a better night's sleep for the first time in 4 days.  My back has been bothering me a lot and I've not been able to get comfortable at all.  Last night I had to prop my self up and sleep on my back.  Boy!  That is very hard for me to do.  Laying on my side, all curled up is the best!

I'm thankful for...this is easy....my FAMILY!  I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband, 4 beautiful girls, my step-daughter, Mom, sister's, brother's, son-in-laws, 8 beautiful and handsome grandchildren, nieces, nephews, in-laws and out-laws and so on and so on!!!
 
I'm wearing...my hot weather at home "uniform".  A tank top(green and old) and a pair of shorts and sandals. I've had the green top with a matching blue one and red one for many years.  They just don't wear out.
I'm remembering...that I have to cancel my hair appt. for this week.  I don't need it since I finally let Kate cut my hair!  She did a wonderful job.   I really like it!   Kate is my youngest and works as a cosmetologist.
 
I'm creating...absolutely nothing but this post!  I have a wooden coat rack ready to be spraypainted but it's just too hot and humid to work on it.
 
I am going...on vacation next week!!!  We're headed to the coast of Maine, Prospect Harbor to be exact, for 2 weeks.  Two of my daughters will be there too with their husbands and children.  We'll also be seeing my sister-in-law and brother-in-law who have built a cute little cottage there.
I am reading...I just finished "The Guest List" by Fern Michaels.  It's a 'fluffy' mystery/love story.  I have a lot of books to choose from that are in the library room at work.  My next read will be "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.

Song playing over and over in my head...'John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt'!  Why, you ask?  Because Kate was watching the show "Psych" and for those who watch it, you will know that Shawn always introduces his friend Gus by using some silly name.  Yep, JJJS for this episode.  Therefore, I had to break into song when she told me.

I am still hoping...that I can resurrect my camera so I can use it on vacation! 
Noticing that...I need another manicure and pedicure.  Maybe I can fit it in before we leave.  I just read that lavender is the "color" for nails this hot summer.  I'm going to try it.

 From the kitchen...well I just snacked on a few Fritos.  That really wasn't a good idea at this time of night.  We had taco salad for dinner.

Around the house... the carpet on the stairs and down the upstairs hall has been ripped up and we are waiting for the carpet installer to come Thursday.  Out with the old, 70's yellow gold and brown shag and in with the new, a dark tan berber or so I'm told.  I didn't have a say in the color or style but it sounds good to me.(we rent)

One of my favorite things...the simple silver hoop earrings my husband bought me many years ago.  I can wear them to work or for just bumming around.  Love them! 

Some plans for the rest of the week...the usual...groceries, errands house stuff.  I'm really hoping I'll be picking up my new glasses and sunglasses by Friday.  Pink and Sparkly!   Black and grey zebra pattern!  Oh yeah!!

A picture I'd like to share...I don't have one.  This computer doesn't have my pictures on it and I'm not geek enough to go find them and save them on the laptop.  Maybe I can leave you with this, stolen from Colleen's pictures taken just a few weeks ago with some of the grandchildren, cousins and my mother.



 GOOD NIGHT!
 



2 comments:

Leslie said...

my goodness that was a mouthful. psych was funny this week.

Colleen said...

Hey... picture stealer! :)

I like your new blog background.

Yay for new carpet!!