Friday, April 18, 2008

Hat day at Wingate






Here is my hat. Does anything look familiar? I found all Nana's jewelry and attached it to the hat I found at Rite-Aid(as I was looking for an anniversary card). We had the gathering of the hats this afternoon for cash prizes. Unfortunately I lost out to one hat with cascading curly ribbons and 2 almost identical hats covered in nursing home supplies...such as plastic soap dishes, pill bottles, etc. I wasn't creative enough. I think I'll take a break from these "Freaky Friday" events

2 comments:

Leslie said...

you would have atleast been a runner up if i was a judge!! That is a lot of jewelry. Do you ever wear any of it?

Colleen said...

I thought it was pretty creative. I love all the jewelry, but my favorite is the silver bracelet with the ivory panels painted with a bird on a branch and the matching earrings. Funny, I had forgotten about those. So much of my "style" is similar to that. I must have been influenced by them early on.